We are a BULK BILLING Medical Practice Centre. Billing policy is to direct Bill to Medicare for all patients No out of pocket cost.
Workers Compensation, travel Insurance certificates, Driver’s License Medicals and work-related medicals cannot be Direct billed to Medicare. Please let reception know when you make your appointment, as these items are billed privately and are generally tax deductible.
- We offer appointments. If you are a new patient, we encourage you to visit our website: com.auto complete the Online Patient Registration form. Call us to make your appointment or book online and come in 5 minutes prior to completed registration. This will enable us to facilitate your waiting time.
- If you cannot book it on line, please phone our friendly reception staff for an appointment.
- We encourage you to book with your regular doctor. If your regular doctor is unavailable, an alternate doctor will be offered.
- Our doctors may ask you to re-book another appointment if you have complex or multiple issues to discuss. In this instance the most urgent issue will be dealt with on the day.
- If your appointment involves an insurance, employment medical, driving or work injury please notify the receptionist so the appropriate time can be allocated.
- Please advise the receptionist if there are family members who also require an appointment which are also to be dealt with separately.
- All Driving Medical’s require a recent eye test result from your Optician before the doctor will complete your driving form.
- Walk in patients are welcome & triaged.
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY:
- If you cannot make it to an appointment, please call us at least an hour in advance to cancel and rebook another appointment if need be. This will allow us to rebook another patient into that time. There are no penalty feesfor missing an appointment with medical practitioners and not applicable for allied health appointment. If you repeatedly fail to attend an appointment with doctors without calling us, our staff will call to advise you it is possible that your telephone booking privileges may be revoked.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION AND REFERRAL POLICY
- In order to monitor your health and fulfil our ethical and legal responsibilities, we require that you attend your doctor for repeat prescriptions and referrals
- Doctors discourage telephone consultations. It is in the patients’ best interest to have a face to face consultation with the Doctors. We value our patients concerns, so please leave a clear message with the reception staff and the Doctors will return your call between patients when possible.
- Home visit Is possible for patients who are unable to attend the Medical Centre depending on doctor’s availability. Patients are better assessed in a fully equipped surgery and we encourage all patients to make every effort to attend the surgery if possible.
The afterhours service can be reached on 137425. This service is bulk billed. If you call our number 07563033786 you will be directed to that service. If you are in need of non-urgent medical attention, please contact your usual GP or come back during opening hours. If you require urgent medical attention, please contact your nearest hospital (GCUH) or dial 000 for an ambulance.
- Pathology results usually take sometimes to come back. The Doctors will give you a better idea depending on what specimen has been sent. We encourage patients to make an appointment to discuss their results. We have a recall system set up to recall you for urgent abnormal results.
- Due to changes in Medicare funding not all pathology tests are bulk billed. You may sometimes get a bill from the pathology lab. Please call the pathology centre to work out how much you are supposed to pay.
- We have a reminder system for Pap Smears, Diabetes Register and Childhood Immunizations, enabling these patients to have regular check-ups. If you wish to be added to our recall system, please ask one of our receptionists.
- The Health Department runs a recall program for cervical cancer screening, which you can sign up for online at cervicalcancer.com.au. We offer state, National and territory enrolment recall system.
- We send reminder SMS messages for ALL Pap Smear, Vaccine, Procedure and Long appointments. We need consent from patients to be able to do this. Please inform reception if you consent to SMS reminders.
- All our doctors are registered with TIS and bulk billed patients are offered this free interpret service if required. We also offer range of communication support for patient with complex communication need (NRS)
- If you have a concern or suggestion regarding our service please ask the reception. They will provide you with a form to complete you can drop it to the suggestion box or you can send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your compliant is not resolved in our practice it may be referred to externally. Please ask our friendly staff to guide your through.
- Your feedback will help the clinic to improve the service and patient outcome.
- Your feedback is highly appreciated and welcome.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
- Coomera Town Medical Centre is committed to ensure all patient’s personal information managed in accordance with the CTMC Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
- Our practice keeps all personal information securely in protected and encrypted software systems. We do not use any personal information in relation to direct marketing without the transparent and express consent of the patient.
- Our practice ensures that your personal health information is only available to authorized staff members and handled in compliance with the current Australian Privacy Principles.
- To protect your privacy and confidentiality an appointment is necessary to obtain test results following pathology and other investigations.
- You can access our privacy and confidentiality policy at our website.